Tomato circle

Tomato circle

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Farmers Market Oct 16th 2010









I had been looking forward to getting to the market this week for days! I had to go to Las Vegas for work the past week and not only missed the Sat market, I was overstimulated with bells, sounds, smoke, air conditioning, lights and drunk people. By the time I got back to Austin, I craved some fresh air and some local food! We had some on reserve in the freezer but SO happy to stock up this morning!

This week we got lots of stuff cause we pretty much had butter left over and that was it! This weeks grocery list include: Eggs, Black Bean Hummus, Indian Summer Casserole, Gingersnaps, Jalapeno Spread, Ground Pork, Shrimp, Scallops, Red Snapper Fillets, Cucumber, Sugar Cookie, Dog Treats, Tomato's, Jalapenos, Sourdough Bread, Bell Peppers, Free Range Chicken, Chips, Cow Milk, Habenero Pasta, Portabella Mushrooms, and some tasty Hill Country Cupcakes!


I was great to stop by the Dog Boutique with it all decked out for Halloween. Once again Sushi made it onto some of the Halloween promo material and that makes up proud parents! We got the girls some pumpkin shaped treats that will last over a few days.

We had little control over ourselves at the Gulf Seafood booth today. After some arm twisting - we ended up with Scallops, Shrimp and Red Snapper fillets. I'm currently obsessed with Scallops and will no doubt make that first. Stocked up at the grocery store on some Old Bay Seasoning and Breadcrumbs so I am ready!!

I'm not sure why it took us 6 months to make our way to the Mushroom booth but we stocked up on Portabellas. They look amazing and cannot wait to see how those will book up with some butter and white wine!

I love the signs of fall all over the market! I couldn't resist getting myself a pumpkin sugar cookie! We saw signs about bringing your dogs in costume on the 30th. Cant wait to show Sushi off as a Banana Split and Saki as a Taco!

0 comments:

Post a Comment