Tomato circle

Tomato circle

Friday, May 13, 2011

Dilled Green Beans and Big Jar Pickles

I decided to expand my pickling to a new veggie this week - green beans!
I buy them from Busch Farms for cheap at the farmers market and they were super easy to clean and cut the ends. I used a Knorr's packed called " Dilled Green Beans" as well as vinegar and sugar and let the jars cure for 48 hours in the fridge. They came out sugary and sweet with hints of garlic and punch of dill flavor. Good Stuff!


Im sure no one is surprised that I am still making pickles like a wild woman - especially since cucumbers of all shapes and sizes are available at the market. I decided I needed to expand and pick up some big jars so here is the new sizes Im making.





I think they are so pretty and of course - SO YUMMY!!

1 comments:

Carla said...

Mindy, find me tomorrow, I have coupons for Ball jars for folks like you! register at the info booth for more goodies. We will have an actual canning event 6.4.11. Hope you'll come by...Carla (i'll be in my green John Deere cap)

Post a Comment