Tomato circle

Tomato circle

Thursday, March 31, 2011

New spring garden 2011

I am so excited to get my new spring garden going!
In Feb, I bought a series of seeds from a website that carries only no GMO seeds.
Within days, I had lil crops of cucumbers, kale, cilantro, okra and many kinds of peppers.

In mid March, my husband and I spent a Saturday at a local gardening store called The Natural Gardener. I got many bags of new soil, compost and some transplant plants.

First, before I could plant anything - it was time to pull up my winter garden which was down to a few tiny carrots and an awesome yield of green garlic! Look Ma - Im a farmer! ;)





The new soil makes the garden look so good! Like a blank slate.


I was able to transfer all the veggies over! All nice in a row for now before the weeds come in.


From left to right:

Cucumbers, Red Onions, Jalapenos, Tomatoes, Habaneros, Sunshine Tomatoes, Okra, Kale, and Cilantro


Sushi has agreed to be the watchdog for the veggie garden!


I really enjoy container gardening too! Last year I grew everything in pots b/c I wanted the options to move them in and out of the sun. Plus, I love pretty lil flowers! Above photos are two kinds of tomatoes and our favorite Basil!


I will continue to post photos of the garden - its already grown so much in just a few days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment