Tomato circle

Tomato circle

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Porkbellypalooza!

One of the absolute highlights of my week is getting up early and head a few blocks over to our farmers market but about 2 months ago, I woke up and was simply too sick to go. Husband to the rescue! He says to stay in bed and he will conquer the market himself.

Over all - he did awesome but he also bought a piece of porkbelly that was larger than our dog! This thing was huge! It quickly became the center piece of our freezer as well as many inside jokes.

Recently, I had to go to NY for work and as I called in to chat with my hubby, I find he has decided to take on the porkbelly beast! He defrosted it, sliced half of it and left the other as a huge chunk. He made porkbelly in oven and in the skillet. By the time I got home, he had lived off porkbelly for 3 days.

As I mentioned before, this slab was size of my dog so I still had many lbs to play with.

I cut the porkbelly into thick cubes and put them in two bowls.
One marinade was with BBQ spices and Worcestershire sauce.

The second marinade was maple and soy sauce.

I seared both sides and then put them in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 min.



They were tasty and fatty and a wonderful treat! My husband can splurge on porkbelly anytime!

0 comments:

Post a Comment