Tomato circle

Tomato circle

Monday, January 25, 2016

Detox Cleanse Take 2 - Days 1 - 7


Here we go again!



The time had finally come - off medications, new year, nice weather - time to start our 21 day detox cleanse for the 2nd time. Truthfully, this 21 day plan is a bridge to converting this to a full time way of eating. Our long term short term goal is to go hardcore for 21 days and then transition to eating this way during the week and then giving ourselves more freedom on the weekend. With Mike's known allergy to wheat and casein, it only makes sense to make this the norm rather than just eating freely and detoxing every other month. This is also what Mike's Dr. suggested we do for long term success.

I don't want to go over the same details as I did the first time I blogged about our 21 day protocol so I skipped taking photos of what I pack for Mike's day of meals. If you want to see what that looks like - go here: http://cometogetherwithnoharmdone.blogspot.com/2015/11/detox-protocol-days-8-14.html

Just to review what our diet plan looks like:
The NO LIST: No milk, cheese, butter, shortening, yogurt, no grains of any kind, no tomatoes or tomato sauces, no alcohol, coffee, black tea, soda, sugar, sweeteners, soy, beef, pork, cold cuts, bacon, hot dogs, canned meat, sausage, shellfish, potatoes, corn, fried food & dried fruits
The YES LIST: Turkey, Chicken, Fish, Veggies, Fruit, Nuts, and Beans. 


As you may remember from last time, I skipped the fasting phase while Mike did it for 2 days. I in fact went on a Halloween candy binge while he was fasting. Well after much prompting, I agreed to fast this time for 24 hours. We mixed our lime juice and maple syrup concoction and had to drink it every 15 minutes. We were a funny sight when we went shopping that day and had to carry around a backpack of lime juice with a timer going off. I also visited the ladies room in every store we went into. I unfortunately was fighting with a migraine for a few days before and ended up having to take my medication on the fast day. I cant have that on an empty stomach so I was allowed a cup of steamed cauliflower. It was the best tasting cauliflower of my life. 

As the week went on, the biggest change for me was that my morning turkey sausage and apple had been replaced by a smoothie of some type. This is mostly due to my parents gifting Mike with a NutriBullet for Christmas. Its really awesome and we use it many times a day to make fruit smoothies or protein shakes. 

We love our NutraBullet

I took photos of our dinner this week. Nothing fancy - just mostly a protein and lots of veggies! 


Baked Chicken, Butter beans with Garlic, and Wilted Dinokale

Black Beans, Green Peppers, Ground Turkey and Avocados

Baked Salmon, Zoodles, and Steamed Black Pepper Cauliflower

Pecan Smoked Turkey on our smoker

Smoked Turkey with SWOODLES and Sriacha


We also had some success eating out which is usually kinda tough. This was Mediterranean food from a really great place called Peace Bakery in North Austin. 

Mike's Chicken, Olive Salad and Green Salad. He would want you to know that he separated out all the tomatoes from his salad and also did not eat the garlic yogurt dip pictured because it has dairy. Mike is hardcore.

My meal of Chicken, Green Salad and Hummus. I would like to confess to eating the yogurt garlic dip. Mindy is less hardcore but still pretty frickin hardcore.   

I think overall we are feeling better after 7 days of the program. I feel less puffy for sure. We need to get a new battery for our scale so we can see what weight has come off. We are feeling good about week 2 after making it thru the weekend. Weekends are tough and I will admit to a sad hour about not being able to have a donut. I really wanted a donut. But no donuts were had and now Im happy about that. Discipline is no joke and altho perfect, I feel good about what we did last week and whats ahead. Thanks for reading along with us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment