Tomato circle

Tomato circle

Saturday, January 23, 2016

SWOODLES and The Veggie Spiral Cutter

Sometimes you make a discovery and you just want to shout it from the rooftops - THIS is one of those times! My sweet husband gave me the gift of the Veggie Spiral Cutter this Christmas after many months of me wondering aloud how zoodles would taste. Well let me tell you - they are FRIGGIN WONDERFUL! and we haven't even talked about the best thing - SWEET POTATO NOODLES!! We call them SWOODLES!!




All you do is peel the sweet potato, stick it on the spiral cutter and crank. This model came with a thick spiral, thin spiral and ribbon cutter.

Ribbon Cut Zucchini - Zoodles!


Saute with peanut oil, hot chili's, garlic, green onion and sriracha

Tastes just like Chinese Noodles - so amazing! 




I think a key aspect to your happiness ratio with the product is getting one that doesn't suck - ie: the cheapies. I know they sell ones in my local grocery store for $12. I would invite any feedback from some who HAS bought that "As Seen On Tv" Veggie Spiraler. Mine was $27 and purchased at Target. Here is a link to it on Amazon and it qualifies for free shipping!

http://amzn.com/B0176B90JW


This is a super healthy way to get sweet potatoes into your diet. Don't forget that Sweet Potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and phosphorus.

I highly recommend adding a veggie spiraler to your kitchen! Please share your recipes! Thanks for reading along!   

0 comments:

Post a Comment