Tomato circle

Tomato circle

Sunday, November 14, 2010

My name is Mindy and Im a Kale Addict

Holy Kale Chips Batman! Who would have thought this super food would have such a hold on me but... I must confess, it does! Ive had Kale on the brain for weeks now - my intake is approx 3 large heads of Kale a week but if it was on hand more, I bet I could take in twice as much.
Finding this crack addicting crunch food did have a few bumps in the road. My 1st post about Kale chips, I used Flat Kale - big mistake. One MUST use curly kale. The curlier the better. Also, don't use any other oils but olive oil. I used some vegetable oil on a batch b/c I was out of olive oil and it really lost some taste points. And lastly - salt the living hell out of em. Ive used both Kosher Sea Salt and Himalayan Salt - I prefer the Kosher - the Himalayan was a little gritty.
The great part of all this is I'm now addicted to some of the best food on the planet - albeit I'm taking in too much salt, no doubt. If you'd like to hear all about the anti cancer benefit's as well as eye health - check out this link http://health.learninginfo.org/nutrition-facts/kale.htm
Please let me know if you have some adventures with Kale too! ALL HAIL KALE!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment