Tomato circle

Tomato circle

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Barton Creek Farmers Market





As everyone knows, we are pretty loyal to our Cedar Park Farmers Market - mostly because we love our vendor friends and secondly, its in our backyard. My husband was out of town that weekend so I decided to get up a bit early and drive down Mopac and hit up the Barton Creeks Farmers Market.

Overall, its got a good layout and great mall parking. There are many of the similar vendors which was nice to see. I meant to take a lot more photos but apparently did not.

I was very happy to see Richardson Farms there - they are neighbors with our favorite rancher - 6J - so I was able to get some ground pork and a skirt steak from them. I was also pleased to see our old chip guy - they are no longer allowed to sell at CPFM so it was great to see them - they are applying to come back so hopefully we can support them regularly soon! I got some sourdough bread that I didn't really like once I got home. I got some peaches and zucchini. Also something called a sugar cube melon - basically a super sweet cantaloupe. SO GOOD!

My 2 favorite things I saw at the Barton Creek Market was the teeny tiny petting zoo set up. What a wonderful job. There were tons of bunnies, hedgehogs, Guinna pigs, just tons and tons of fluff! I believe you pay $3 and you can go in and play with the baby animals. Totally worth the price!


Here is the tiny hedgehog!




My second favorite find was a local apple orchard! I got 8 lbs of lovely apples and cooked them with brown sugar and cinnamon - they are waiting in my fridge as a tasty treat. I also used about 8 apples in my crock pot along with our loin of wild boar. It was a great flavor to mix ith the pork!
Easy too!




Overall, had a great trip to the Barton Creek market and it will def be an alternative to mix up what we buy each week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment